1. We are only scratching the surface with Dillon's reactive attachment disorder and we aren't super happy with our current therapist. I just don't feel like he's addressing things but I'm not sure since he only communicates with us about every six months, so we are in the process of looking for a new one at the moment. I want to make sure the new one understands how to properly address RAD, and this website has put the information in a very concise format with useful suggestions. I also want to make sure I can be part of the therapy process and be able to get updates from the therapist weekly.
2. The 27 hours of "special needs" training we received from the state of Idaho to certify as foster parest was pretty useless in preparing us to deal with real-life behavior problems that kids in foster care will have. It has taken me 8 months to finally come across this website for foster parents that offers online courses on a variety of subjects. I haven't taken any of the classes yet, but I am hopeful that I will be able to use this as a valuable resource.
No comments:
Post a Comment